Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sisters are the Best

So I've already mentioned that Kayla is going to be one of my bridesmaids, but I'm also having two others who are very special to me. I am so very lucky to have two wonderful sisters. Growing up, Leah was my "sissy." She is 11 years older than me, and she's been looking out for me since the day I was born. She put my hair in "doggy-ears," took me to the gym with her, she ran at the track while I played in the long-jump pit. She let me sleep with her at night even though I would elbow her in the face. I rode my bike with her while she ran to keep the mean dogs away. I was even part of her "getting engaged" process, and when I was 12 I was her maid of honor  We get snowcones together, run together, shop together, and laugh together.

My other sister didn't come into my life until I was 10 years old, but she's my sister all the same. I met her when we moved to Purcell. She was wearing a green shirt, black pants, and she had pretty blond hair. She still can't believe that I remember what she was wearing. She bought me a pink shirt and bracelet from Limited Too on my birthday...very cool. She made me a purple blanket that I still cover up with in my bed. She took me and Chigger and Kyan swimming, and then we got snowcones at EskimoSno. She got the snuffleupagus flavor. She married my brother when I was 13 and let me be a bridesmaid. On that day I got another sister, and I am so thankful that my brother brought her into my life.

Sisters are the best gifts in the world. They listen when you need to talk, they give you advice, and they're always there for you no matter what. I have two of the best big sisters in the world. They've taught my how to be a great little sister, and they've set amazing examples for me to follow. I have always looked up to them and I always will. I love my sisters very much. 
Christmas 2007

Homecoming Parade 2008

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I haven't read blogs in weeks, so I am just now reading this, but it is so special to be in your life and be a part of your special day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete