Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yummy Yummy Yummy I've got Chicken and Dumplins in my Tummy

Blizzard 2011 has hit. And while I'm sure there are many people out there who are going to hate me for saying this: 
I LOVE IT!!
 I love the way the snow looks in my backyard. I love the cozy fireplace. I love staying in my pajamas all day 
(yes, I'm still in my pajamas and I am not ashamed).
But you know the thing that I really really really love?? I love that my fiancee and my family get along so well. 

Let's face it, we've all heard horror stories about the in-laws, but I know that I couldn't ask for a better family to be marrying into, and it makes me so happy that Darren likes spending time with mine. It was simply meant to be. My mom even had Darren stay the night at our house last night so we could all hang out today...how sweet is that??? 
(CAUTION!!!: Leah and Steve, if you are reading this, I am very sorry, but Darren is slowly working his way up to favorite son-in-law. Beware.)

So Mr. Snow Day, I gladly welcome you. I love you. Make yourself at home. I want you to stay forever. But could you ask the wind to die down please? I would like to build a snowman but I am scared I will be blown away. 

As for Blizzard 2011, I have everything that I need.
mmm....big'o pot of chicken and dumplins....these are comforting my tummy at this very second.

Playing cards ALL DAY. The name of the game is Shang-hi-rummy. Learn it, love it, play it.

Making Banana Bread...de-lish.

Ahh, future hubby. My love.

And a little bit of ELLE. Just because I'm a chicken-and-dumplin-filled Okie who is locked in her house during a blizzard doesn't mean I can stay caught up on my fashion.


P.S. Darren, when we are married and there is a snow storm I may want to drive to my parent's house to hang out with them all day. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment